Sunday, November 1, 2009

RAINY DAY BLUES

Hello -- it's been a while since I've posted as I've been off to visit family in Victoria, B.C. where they were enjoying an Indian summer. I seem to have brought back all that lovely heat though as our own autumn has been hotter than usual, our usual rainy season delayed by months.

Rainy Day Blues is a triple-panel canvas, as much a diversion from my usual tropical renditions as is Blue Riot. I was experimenting with acrylics this time and wanted to create something from my daughter's youth -- that glorious time on the cusp of puberty where innocence still reigns supreme. Yes, those are fairies spreading a magic sleeping potion on her so she can dream the dismal, rainy afternoon away!

I'll get back to my tropical themes very soon -- until then take care -- E.

1 comment:

janesk said...

Capture a richness of feeling and spirit and says so much. Very inspirational.