Thursday, February 25, 2010

FOLLOW THE LEADER - SOLD

This one took a while as "life" got in the way of my painting sessions, and then the fine line between working on the details and knowing when to stop began to blur. What happens to me is that sometimes when I'm painting one thing, my mind begins to wander toward another idea and I have to force myself to shake off those meandering thoughts and concentrate on the matter at hand. There have been times (although not recently) that I've had as many as three or four paintings going at once, especially when working in oils due to drying time, and it takes a mental slap in the face to get your concentration level to where it needs to be, namely on the current painting. Anyway, here's my latest: "Follow the Leader" -- it's acyrlic on canvas sheet (no stretcher bars) measuring approx. 11.5 x 15.5 inches.

No comments: